Sunday, May 4, 2008

Copenhagen

Sadly my Scandinavian trip is over. I spent most of my time in Copenhagen and Stockholm. Below are some of the pictures I took in Copenhagen. It's beautiful there. The buildings all have amazing detail to them and are in great shape. Most of the streets are cobblestone. Just about everyone there rides a bike. Outside of the main train station there was a sea of bikes-some of them not even locked up! Apparently since everyone already owns a bike there's no worry of yours being stolen.

This fountain was near the center of Copenhagen.


I felt like I was on a movie set-these buildings don't look like
anything you see here.


This picture was taken at Tivoli Gardens. Tivoli is a very old amusement park that has been open since 1843. It is unlike anything here. The grounds were beautifully manicured and decorated with all kinds of decorative lights. I love the illustration on this sign.


This picture is one of the theaters at Tivoli. Since they have more hours of daylight
there I had to wait until almost 10pm to get this shot.

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

I love those buildings too, so charming! Did you have a drink in the bar with a cool sign?

Amanda said...

No-sadly I did not have a drink there. We were busy sightseeing and looking for the rollercoaster.